Promote multi-sector and multi-level engagement
How to implement
- Be persistent and engage key stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of a healthy initiative. You could include, for example, community organizations, local leaders, public health teams, schools, local businesses and government officials at multiple levels of government.
- When developing a community initiative:
- Engage stakeholders around local needs and opportunities and ensure strategies and key messages continue to be relevant.
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships to ensure collaboration and accountability.
- Encourage governments to collaborate across departments and with other local stakeholders.
- Do not re-invent the wheel! Find out what’s already happening in the community and explore opportunities to collaborate.