Adopt healthy public policy
How to implement
- Adopt healthy public policies that enhance community health and wellbeing.
- For example, promote healthy living and active lifestyles and regulate the availability, sale and marketing of harmful products such as tobacco, alcohol and unhealthy foods.
The Policy Readiness Tool can help communities assess their readiness for policy change in many settings (e.g., schools, organizations, recreation facilities or municipalities). The tool also provides tailored strategies for community action based on the community’s level of readiness.
- Remember, well-developed healthy public policy:
- Is tailored to various settings (e.g., neighbourhoods, schools, workplaces) and population groups.
- Promotes collaboration across different, but complementary sectors (e.g., transportation, health, education).