Develop inclusive mental health programs
How to implement
- Provide equitable programs that reach vulnerable populations such as youth, seniors, Indigenous peoples and LGBTQ populations.1-3
- Promote social inclusion by incorporating feedback from members of the community with lived experience.1, 4
- Minister of Health and Long-Term Care Advisory Group. Respect, recovery, resilience: Recommendations for Ontario's mental health and addictions strategy. Toronto (ON): Minister's Advisory Group; 2010. Available from: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/common/ministry/publications/reports/mental_health/mentalhealth_rep.pdf.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Older people: Independence and mental wellbeing. NICE guideline. London (UK): NICE; 2015. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng32.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Social and emotional wellbeing in secondary education. NICE guideline. London (UK): NICE; 2009. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph20.
- Bullock HL, Guta A, Hughsam M, Wilson MG. Rapid synthesis: Examining the impact of and approaches to addressing the needs of people living with mental health issues. Hamilton (ON): McMaster Health Forum; 2016. Available from: https://macsphere.mcmaster.ca/bitstream/11375/19409/1/Examining%20the%20Impact%20of%20and%20Approaches%20to%20Addressing%20the%20Needs%20of%20People%20Living%20with%20Mental%20Health%20Issues.pdf.